Summaries with The Psychology of Advertising - Fennis & Stroebe
Booksummaries to be used with the 2nd edition of The Psychology of Advertising
Online: summary in chapters
- Online location: Subscriber bundle with summaries in chapters
Contents: English summaries to be used with all chapters
Availability: usable by JoHo subscribers
Print: Summary in chapters by post
Order online: Display Booksummary
Form: Printed and bundled, A4 format
Availability: Also available without JoHo subscription - discounts for JoHo members and subscribers
Print: Summary in chapters in support centers
- Pickup location: available in JoHo study support center Leiden (address & hours) and The Hague (address & hours)
- Form: Printed and bundled, A4 format
Availability: Also available without JoHo membership - for free or with discounts for JoHo members and subscribers
Booksummary: list of contents for the printed summaries
- The printed booksummary contains the following chapters:
- How is the stage of advertising prepared? - Chapter 1
- How is information from advertising acquired and processed by consumers? - Chapter 2
- What is the effect of advertising on memories of consumers? - Chapter 3
- How do consumers develop judgements and feelings about products? - Chapter 4
- When are consumers persuaded and their attitudes changed? - Chapter 5
- In what ways does advertising influence buying behavior? - Chapter 6
- How is consumer compliance achieved without changing attitudes? - Chapter 7
- What does advertising in the new millennium look like? - Chapter 8
Booksummary with former editions of The Psychology of Advertising
- A summary with the former edition of the book can be found on WorldSupporter.org
Related summaries & other materials with The Psychology of Advertising
Alternatives: booksummaries & related summaries
- Explanation of the topic of marketing aimed at students: Principles of Marketing - Kotler & Armstrong
- More accessible book about the basics (in Dutch): Marketingcommunicatiestrategie van Floor
Detailed explanation of subconcious and concious influencing of people, with examples: Influence: Science and Practice - Cialdini
Knowledge & Study pages: summaries per field of study
More summaries regarding advertising can be found here: Marketing - Kennis & Studiegebied
ExamTickets with The Psychology of Advertising
ExamTickets: Tips & Tricks with studying the book
The book has many examples from daily life. Study those examples and use them to reinforce your arguments when discussing the theory of advertising!
AIDA - A good message should:
- Get Attention
- Hold Interest
- Arouse Desire
- Obtain Action
Read more about communication strategies
Important topics in the book include:
- The four stages going from unconsciousness to consciousness.
- What do we remember of ads and why does this influence consumer cognition and choices?
- Implicit and explicit attitudes and how to measure these (IAT).
- Wat works well and why? (Tactics)
- How do we change attitudes?
- Does changing attitudes mean changing behaviors and how?
- Social influence and online advertising.