Travel & Backpack
Travel with Care & Develop Your Talent in the World of JoHo
Travel With Care - Learn From Each Other - Develop Your Talent
- Smokey Tours is part of JoHo Philippines.
- People from the slums are trained to become professional tourleaders.
- The tourleaders share their experiences in the tours offered by Smokey Tours.
- Smokey Tours tries to offer tours, where you can experience the other side of Manila, in a personal way.
- Bike tour
- Hutong walking tour & Theme walks 'Dream of the red room'
- Excursion to the Forbidden City
- More tours : Chinese Wall & Cuandixia tours
- A brief introduction
- Curaçao: on the island
- The Philippines: in Manila - Around Manila - In Cebu
- By booking a language course wth one of the JoHo partners all over te world you support the JoHo projects and your supporte yourself through with the many discountss
- English - French - Spanish - Tagalog - Kiswahili - Chinese & more
Course materials & Teaching methods
- JoHo World School Bank materials: a multimedia initiative facilitating pupils and students to donate their school materials, extracts and excercises (written in English or Spanish). These materials are made available to pupils and students in developing countries, both online and (partly) in print.
- Here you can find course material and teaching methods for anyone who is teaching or working with children in an international context. The content of the teach section can be used for all levels of education. You can also donate your course material or teaching methods by mailing it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Insurances for travel & long haul abroad
- JoHo Insurances is the part of the World of JoHo for all your insurances & documents regarding a short and a long stay abroad. By using JoHo insurances you get discount and service, while The JoHo Foundations gets more power to encourage people and organizations to collaborate and contribute to a tolerant and sustainable world.
- Travel Abroad
- World Travel
- Volunteer Abroad
- Work Abroad
Insurance & Safety
- To insure or not to insure
- Insurances for travelling abroad
- Insurances for travelling around the world
When you purchase an insurance policy through JoHo you support The JoHo projects
- The idea of making a slum tour started with San Martin volunteer Juliette Kwee. A photo shoot was organized in the slums in September 2011 and in the Sining Kamalig Art Gallery. The exhibition attempted to break the preconceived notions about those children who live in one of the poorest areas of Metro Manila. A volunteer group of amateur and professional photographers documented these children playing.
- Following the success of the Art Walk, including seeing the talent of potential tourleaders in the area, and having seen the success of slum tours in India and Brazil, Juliette decided to start a similar tour in the Philippines in October 2011. The Smokey Mountain Tour was born, the idea being to educate the outside world about slums as well as to raise money for San Martin to help the community.
- Dialogue with Ruth by Elske
- START YOUR MORNING WITH LOCALS by cecilecremer
- Hutongs by anhtran
- MEETING THE LOCAL by cecilecremer
What do you get from a JoHo Membership & Subscription
- Choice Support on travel, work, intern & study abroad
- Summaries of study books
- Local discounts in JoHo support centers
- Partner discounts
- International Insurances
What does JoHo get from your Membership & Subscription
- Members of JoHo make it possible that JoHo can successfully support international projects in terms of development aid, knowledge exchange and talent development..
Partners with benefits for JoHo members & supporting organizations
Costa Rica, Turrialba