Skype: Monday to Friday 12.00-17.00 via joho.foundation
Appointments: contact JoHo for information via 088-3214567
JoHo support centers
International travel insurance for organised trips and projects
Suitable for volunteers - students - au pairs - trainees & interns - work & tavel participants - language course student
Coverage options for Medical evacuation - Transport of a relative to and from the insured's bedside - Search, rescue & salvage; - - Repatriation of remains - Assistance in case of loss of travel funds - cancellation
Anyone can purchase CareMed Travel Insurance on-line regardless of their nationality.
It is possible to purchase the insurance whilst travelling.
A full refund is possible prior to the start date of the policy
Important information prior to apply online (purchasing)
- There is only a monthly rate. No per day rates, i.e.; if you purchase insurance for 1 month and 15 days you will pay for 2 months;
- You cannot extend the policy;
- You are able to purchase a new policy prior to the expiry date of the old policy. Please note that any medical claims that have arisen during the initial policy, may be excluded should you incur any extra costs in relation to this complaint;
- You are not insured in your home country;
- Adventure sports are not insured.
- Existing ailments and complaints are excluded.
- Check the maximum insurance period (for work and travel insurance is 24 respectively 13 months depending on destination and age of the traveler)
Travel Insurance product information documents (IPID)
- Travel health/accident insurance
- Accident indemnity insurance
- Third party liability insurance
- Return trip emergency insurance
- Luggage insurance
Travel Health Insurance
- Additional to travel health insurance CareMed offers travel accident indemnity insurance, travel assistance and travel third party liability insurance as an add-on.as of € 0,95/US$ 1,19 per day
Au Pair Insurance
Special policy for Au Pairs’ needs. Au Pairs or the host family can purchase CareMed insurance for destinations worldwide. You can choose between two tailor-made insurance plans: Au Pair Basic and Au Pair Profi. as of 36,00 € per month
Travel Emergency Insurance
- If you already have national or private health insurance for your stay abroad, this insurance offers the ideal additional coverage (e.g. medical transport back home). Detailed information is available here.as of 3,50 € per month
Travel cancellation insurance
- In case you need to cancel your trip on short notice, cancellation insurance offers additional protection. Costs will be covered for unforeseen reasons (for example: severe injury/illness or death of close relative). as of 12,00 € one-time
- CareMed work and travel insurance is especially adapted to the needs of young travelers and those young at heart. We offer a comprehensive as well as competitively priced insurance plan. This travel insurance is the right choice for your work and travel adventure, for an internship or volunteer program or if you are traveling abroad as a tourist for a longer time period. We can insure you worldwide, regardless of your home country.
- All travel insurance plans by CareMed have unlimited medical coverage. You may choose coverage worldwide or worldwide excluding the USA & Canada. As we offer travel insurances there are certain limitations and exclusions for specific treatments. Detailed information is available in the applicable insurance policy which is available in different languages during the application process.
- The maximum insurance period for work and travel insurance is 24 respectively 13 months depending on destination and age of the traveler. Detailed information is shown during the online application. Travel insurance should start the first day of traveling and should be active for the complete stay abroad.
- Yes, your travel insurance by CareMed will be accepted for your visa application worldwide. This is applicable for all working holiday visa (for example working holiday Australia, New Zealand and Canada), F1, F2, H2B, J-1, J2 and M1 visa for entry into the USA and Schengen Visa for Europe.
- Insurance coverage has to be taken out for the entire stay abroad. Traveling as a backpacker, volunteer or work & traveler, your end of travel has usually not yet been fixed. In this case you enroll for the maximum travel period. The maximum insurance period is either 13 or 24 months depending on insurance type. Please keep in mind that renewal of insurance coverage cannot be guaranteed. Of course, we will reimburse remaining months minus an admin fee if you return home earlier (see also early return below).
I cannot travel and have to cancel my journey. Is it possible to receive reimbursement for insurance premium already paid?
- With CareMed insurance you are flexible: Prior to start of insurance cancelation is free of charge. You simply send your request through your login area or by sending your cancelation request by e-mail.
- In case that your travel plans change unexpectedly during your stay abroad, you have the option to request a renewal subject to the terms of insurance available at that time. Please log in under login, click on “changes to policy” and choose renewal request. Within 2-3 business days you will receive a reply from CareMed concerning your request.
- Everybody who has not yet reached the age of 70 can contract travel insurance with CareMed.
- All our policies have unlimited coverage. Please note that CareMed offers travel insurance which means that there are limits and exclusions for certain treatments (for further information, please review our our schedule of benefits as well as terms and conditions).
- No insurance coverage exists if you take up employment for wage or profit. However, light duties, such as Au Pair jobs or internships, for which you receive only a small compensation and which are not insured by the employer, will be fully covered. There is always coverage for activities within the framework of a J-1, J-2 and H2B visa for entry into the U.S. or a Working Holiday Visa for entry into Australia or New Zealand.
- The maximum coverage is either 13 or 24 months depending on the policy. Please use our quote calculator to get detailed information about the policy suitable for your trip.After this period, you have the option to extend your insurance period subject to the terms of insurance available at that time
- The full amount for travel insurance can be paid by credit card or you can pay by direct debit from a German account (either monthly or the total amount). CareMed will automatically debit the premium accordingly. After enrollment, the SEPA mandate will be provided. The original document has to be mailed to CareMed within 2 weeks.
- You will find our payment methods, terms and conditions as well as security regulations in the overview.
- You receive your insurance confirmation for download and print immediately after submission of your online application and payment. On request, all documents will also be sent by e-mail. If you created a login during your application process you will also have access to all insurance documents and useful information in your login area any time.
Last updated : 06- 2019
Caremed and trip cancellation
- This information sheet about the Caremed trip cancellation gives you a brief overview of your insurance cover. This information is not exhaustive. Details on your insurance contract can be found in the insurance terms andconditions, and policy we provide you with. To make sure that you are fully informed, please read through all documents
- Original document & latest update (pdf)
- We are offering you a travel cancellation insurance. With this we make sure that the financial damage due to non-taking part for example the owed cancellation costs of the journey, will be replaced.
- You can not or not as scheduled commence your journey because of the following event.
- Death, severe accidental injury
- Unexpected severe illness, Intolerance to a vaccine, pregnancy
- Damage to your property as a result of fire, elementary event or intent criminal of a third party
- Loss of job as a result of an unexpected redundancy by the employer
- Commencement of a jobif theperson was unemployed when booking the journey
- In case of non-commencement of the journey, we replace you among other things the contractually owed travel cancellation costs.
- We agree the sums insured with you on an individual basis. It must correspond to the agreed travel packageprice including the costs of booking.
- There is no Insurance coverage for Illness that occurs in certain circumstances as a psychological reaction to a terrorist attack, war events, flight and bus accidents, diseases or epidemics, or due to fear of a civil unrest
- We do not provide cover, if you attempt to make fraudulent representations to us as to the circumstances which are material to the grounds for providing cover and the amount of insurance benefits
- You have to bear a part of the cost of the damage yourself, if your tariff does provide any deductible!
- We will reimburse costs of changing bookings and single room supplements up to the amount of cancella-tion costs that would have been incurred if the trip were cancelled.
- The insurance cover is valid for travel within the area covered by the policy.
- If an insured event occurs, there are some obligations you need to fulfil. Amongst other things,you have to cancel the journeyat the same time as well as provide us with pertinent information and if necessary, present medical certificates. All information about the claim that you provide must be truthful and complete.
- The premium is payable immediately upon conclusion of the contract. You pay via the payment method you selected when you concluded the insurance contract. Whether and how you pay further premiums is detailed in the insurance policy.
- The insurance cover starts at the earliest with the conclusion of the contract and ends as soon as you enter the booked and insured means of transport orobjects. How do I cancel the contract? The cancellation insurance ends with the beginningof the journey. There is no special right to cancellatio
- HanseMerkur Reiseversicherung (Caremed)
- AG Germany HRB Hamburg 19768
Why Insurances through JoHo
Specialized: in emigration, work, internships, study and travel abroad.
Service: JoHo offers multiple travel insurances by multiple companies and extensive experience and support in case of problems with insurers. As well as advice and fast and personal handling.
Safe: JoHo is recognized as a trustworthy intermediary for insurances.
Social: by purchasing an insurance through JoHo you provide a talented student in The Philippines with health insurance
Why Should You Take Out A Travel Insurance?
The chance of getting injured or ill is generally a little bit higher than when you would have stayed at home. The medical care you will need can be very expensive, even more so if you are treated in a private clinic.
If you have to fly back because of family circumstances, the flights might be more expensive than your original flight because you have to fly on short notice.
You might have to deal with the damage, loss or theft of your luggage.
In case of emergency it can be difficult to figure out what to do. A good travel insurance will have an assitance team on standby for you 24/7 and will be able to tell you what steps to take.
Why Should You Specifically Take Out A Travel Insurance For A Long Trip Abroad?
Often regular travel or health insurances only cover trips for a maximum number of days (for example 60, 90 or 180 days).
Depending on your home country, your health insurance might not offer any coverage for treatment abroad.
During a long trip you might undertake special activities like paid work or volunteering. Regular travel insurances usually don’t cover these kind of activities. The same goes for adventurous/ hazardous sports like skydiving, scubadiving and bungee jumping.
More on why to use JoHo
JoHo is one of the few organisations where you can directly purchase a comprehensive range of foreign insurances from a variety of insurers. As with our other products and services, we believe that you should be able to choose between the best, the most cost effective and the most specialised insurance.
JoHo offers various possibilities from combining insurances to assisting in transferring from one insurer to another.
When you purchase an insurance policy through JoHo, you will not pay any more than if you had purchased it directly from the insurer. Sometimes (through special collective agreements) you will even pay less.
JoHo offers support with problems that may arise with the insurer. Sometimes disagreement with claims, cancellation notice or insurance premiums can occur. In this situation it helps if you have the assistance of an organisation who has an established relationship with the insurer.