Skype: Monday-Friday 12.00-16.00 via joho.foundation
Appointments: contact JoHo for information via 088-3214567
JoHo support centers
International travel insurance for organised trips and projects
Suitable for volunteers - students - au pairs - trainees & interns - work & travel participants - language course students
Coverage options for Medical evacuation - Transport of a relative to and from the insured's bedside - Search, rescue & salvage - Repatriation of remains - Assistance in case of loss of travel funds - cancellation
Anyone can purchase CareMed Travel Insurance online regardless of their nationality.
It is possible to purchase the insurance whilst travelling.
A full refund is possible prior to the start date of the policy
Important information prior to apply online
- Insurance needs to be taken out prior to departure from your home country (until 31 days after departure the latest) and for the entire stay abroad.
- Adventurous activities are included. Choose the additional option for "Risky sports" if you will attend a sports college or have other activities on your itinerary with extra risks.
- If you choose to extend your stay abroad it is possible to apply for an extension of the policy by logging in on your personal account. Because insurance renewal cannot be guaranteed, it is always advised to take out the insurance for the maximum travel period for up to 24 months.
- If you return before the policy period has ended, the remaining insurance period will be reimbursed (minus an administration fee).
- Coverage does not include your home country.
- Pre-existing conditions are not included in the coverage.
Travel Insurance product information documents (IPID)
- Travel health/accident insurance
- Accident indemnity insurance
- Third party liability insurance
- Return trip emergency insurance
- Luggage insurance
Travel Health Insurance
|premiums age category (per day)||1 - 39||40 - 64|
|Travel health with € 100 deductible||€ 0,95||€ 1,40|
|Travel health with € 0 deductible||€ 1,30||€ 1,85|
|Accident Indemnity and third party liability||€ 0,22||€ 0,22|
|Return Trip Emergency Insurance AND Luggage||€ 0,39||€ 0,39|
Travel cancellation insurance
- Cover for trip cancelation (TC) can be requested seperately.
- The TC insurance covers cancellation costs that occur if you are not able to travel abroad unexpectedly.
- Covered events are, for example, acute illness of the insured person or one of the relatives, an accident or pregnancy. Insurance shall be taken out directly after booking the trip, but no later than 30 days prior to departure.
- The premium is calculated by taking 2,9% of the travel sum, with a minimum of € 12,00.
- CareMed work and travel insurance is especially adapted to the needs of young travelers and those young at heart.
- This travel insurance is the right choice for people with plans to go abroad for multiple weeks months or years.
- Besides recreational travel, there is coverage for activities such as internships or volunteer programs, as well as during working holidays and study travel.
- This insurance can cover you worldwide, regardless of your home country.
- The maximum insurance period for work and travel insurance is 24 respectively 13 months depending on destination and age of the traveler. Detailed information is shown during the online application.
- Travel insurance should start the first day of traveling and should be active for the complete stay abroad.
- Yes, your travel insurance by CareMed will be accepted for your visa application worldwide.
- This is applicable for all working holiday visa (for example working holiday Australia, New Zealand and Canada), F1, F2, H2B, J-1, J2 and M1 visa for entry into the USA and Schengen Visa for Europe.
- Insurance coverage has to be taken out for the entire stay abroad.
- Sometimes it is best to keep plans open en flexible. For the insurance, you do have to make a choice though.
- If you do not know the enddate of your travels yet it is best to enroll for the maximum travel period. The maximum insurance period is either 13 or 24 months depending on insurance type.
- Of course, reimbursment of the remaining months is possible if you return home earlier.
- Please keep in mind that renewal of insurance coverage cannot be guaranteed.
I have to cancel my plans. Is it possible to receive reimbursement for insurance premium already paid?
- Prior to start of insurance cancelation is free of charge. You can send your request through your login area or by sending your cancellation request by e-mail.
- In case that your travel plans change unexpectedly during your stay abroad, you have the option to request a renewal subject to the terms of insurance available at that time.
- You can do this by logging in in your personal CareMed account.
- Everybody older than 3 months and who has not yet reached the age of 70 can contract travel insurance with CareMed.
- For ages 0-39 different premiums and policy conditions apply than for the age category 40-69.
- For destination USA and Canada there is a minimum age of 6 years
- Yes, this insurance is made precisely for those people who wish to travel and be active in temporary jobs and volunteer work along the way.
- There is always coverage for activities within the framework of a J-1, J-2 and H2B visa for entry into the U.S. or a Working Holiday Visa for entry into Australia or New Zealand.
- Do take into consideration that this insurance is not meant for people who go abroad for a permant residence and career abroad but purely for temporary jobs and recreational activities.
- The maximum coverage is either 13 or 24 months depending on the policy conditions.
- Please use the quote calculator to get detailed information about the policy suitable for your trip.
- After this period, you have the option to extend your insurance period subject to the terms of insurance available at that time
- The full amount for travel insurance can be paid by credit card or you can pay by direct debit from a German account
- Payment occus either monthly or as one lump sum.
- You receive your insurance confirmation for download and print immediately after submission of your online application and payment.
- On request, all documents will also be sent by e-mail.
- If you created a login during your application process you will also have access to all insurance documents and useful information in your login area any time.
Last updated : 11 - 2019
Caremed and trip cancellation
- This information sheet about the Caremed trip cancellation gives you a brief overview of your insurance cover. This information is not exhaustive. Details on your insurance contract can be found in the insurance terms andconditions, and policy we provide you with. To make sure that you are fully informed, please read through all documents
- Original document & latest update (pdf)
- We are offering you a travel cancellation insurance. With this we make sure that the financial damage due to non-taking part for example the owed cancellation costs of the journey, will be replaced.
- You can not or not as scheduled commence your journey because of the following event.
- Death, severe accidental injury
- Unexpected severe illness, Intolerance to a vaccine, pregnancy
- Damage to your property as a result of fire, elementary event or intent criminal of a third party
- Loss of job as a result of an unexpected redundancy by the employer
- Commencement of a jobif theperson was unemployed when booking the journey
- In case of non-commencement of the journey, we replace you among other things the contractually owed travel cancellation costs.
- We agree the sums insured with you on an individual basis. It must correspond to the agreed travel packageprice including the costs of booking.
- There is no Insurance coverage for Illness that occurs in certain circumstances as a psychological reaction to a terrorist attack, war events, flight and bus accidents, diseases or epidemics, or due to fear of a civil unrest
- We do not provide cover, if you attempt to make fraudulent representations to us as to the circumstances which are material to the grounds for providing cover and the amount of insurance benefits
- You have to bear a part of the cost of the damage yourself, if your tariff does provide any deductible!
- We will reimburse costs of changing bookings and single room supplements up to the amount of cancella-tion costs that would have been incurred if the trip were cancelled.
- The insurance cover is valid for travel within the area covered by the policy.
- If an insured event occurs, there are some obligations you need to fulfil. Amongst other things,you have to cancel the journeyat the same time as well as provide us with pertinent information and if necessary, present medical certificates. All information about the claim that you provide must be truthful and complete.
- The premium is payable immediately upon conclusion of the contract. You pay via the payment method you selected when you concluded the insurance contract. Whether and how you pay further premiums is detailed in the insurance policy.
- The insurance cover starts at the earliest with the conclusion of the contract and ends as soon as you enter the booked and insured means of transport orobjects. How do I cancel the contract? The cancellation insurance ends with the beginningof the journey. There is no special right to cancellatio
- HanseMerkur Reiseversicherung (Caremed)
- AG Germany HRB Hamburg 19768
Why Insurances through JoHo
Specialized: in emigration, work, internships, study and travel abroad.
Service: JoHo offers multiple travel insurances by multiple companies. Thanks to JoHo's extensive experience, it can offer support in case of problems with insurers, as well as advice and fast and personal handling.
Safe: JoHo is recognized as a trustworthy intermediary for insurances.
Social: by purchasing an insurance through JoHo you provide a talented student in The Philippines with health insurance
Why Should You Take Out A Travel Insurance?
The chance of getting injured or ill is generally higher than when you would have stayed at home. The medical care you will need can be very expensive, even more so if you are treated in a private clinic.
If you have to fly back because of family circumstances, the flights might be more expensive than your original flight because you have to fly on short notice.
You might have to deal with the damage, loss or theft of your luggage.
In case of emergency it can be difficult to figure out what to do. A good travel insurance will have an assistance team on standby for you 24/7 and will be able to tell you what steps to take.
Why Should You Specifically Take Out A Travel Insurance For A Long Trip Abroad?
Often regular travel or health insurances only cover trips for a maximum number of days (for example 60, 90 or 180 days).
Depending on your home country, your health insurance might not offer any coverage for treatment abroad.
During a long trip you might consider specific activities, like paid work or volunteering. Regular travel insurances often don’t cover these kind of activities. The same goes for adventurous/ hazardous sports like skydiving, scubadiving and bungee jumping.
More on why to use JoHo
JoHo is one of the few organisations where you can directly purchase a comprehensive range of foreign insurances from a variety of insurers. As with our other products and services, we believe that you should be able to choose between the best, the most cost effective and the most specialised insurance.
JoHo offers various possibilities from combining insurances to assisting in transferring from one insurer to another.
When you purchase an insurance policy through JoHo, you will not pay more than if you had purchased it directly from the insurer. Sometimes (through special collective agreements) you will even pay less.
JoHo offers support with problems that may arise with the insurer. Sometimes disagreement with claims, cancellation notice or insurance premiums can occur. In this situation it helps if you have the assistance of an organisation who has an established relationship with the insurer.