The JoHo Foundation
Why JoHo Insurances
Specialized: in emigration, work, internships, study and travel abroad.
Service: JoHo offers multiple travel insurances by multiple companies and extensive experience and support in case of problems with insurers. As well as advice and fast and personal handling.
Safe: JoHo is recognized as a trustworthy intermediary for insurances.
Social: by purchasing an insurance through JoHo you provide a talented student in The Philippines with health insurance
Why Should You Take Out Travel Insurance?
There are a few important reasons to take out travel insurance:
- The chance of getting injured or ill is generally a little bit higher than when you would have stayed at home. The medical care you will need can be very expensive, even more so if you are treated in a private clinic.
- If you have fly back because of family circumstance, the flights might be more expensive because you have to fly on short notice.
- You might have to deal with the damage, loss or theft of your luggage.
In case of emergency it can be difficult to figure out what to do. A good travel insurance will have an assitance team on standby for you 24/7 and will be able to tell you what steps to take.
Why Should You Specifically Take Out Travel Insurance For A Long Trip Abroad?
- Often regular travel or health insurances only cover trips for a maximum number of days (for example 60, 90 or 180 days).
- Depending on your home country, it might be that your health insurance does not offer any coverage if you need treatment abroad.
- During a long trip you might undertake special activities like paid work or volunteering. Regular travel insurances ususally don’t cover these kind of activities. The same goes for adventurous sports like skydiving, scubadiving and bungee jumping.
The CareMed International Insurance is an international travel insurance for organised trips and projects, suitable for:
- Au pairs
- Trainees & interns
- Language course students
CareMed Travel Insurance offers standard medical insurance with the additional option of insuring accidents, liability and cancellation costs.
Travel Emergency Insurance, cover for:
- Medical evacuation;
- Transport of a relative to and from the insured's bedside;
- Search, rescue & salvage;
- Repatriation of remains;
- Assistance in case of loss of travel funds.
Travel Cancellation Insurance Offers coverage when you need to cancel your trip due to unforeseen circumstances.
- Anyone can purchase CareMed Travel Insurance on-line regardless of their nationality. It is possible to purchase the insurance whilst travelling. Existing ailments and complaints are excluded. A full refund is possible prior to the start date of the policy.
- There is only a monthly rate. No per day rates, i.e.; if you purchase insurance for 1 month and 15 days you will pay for 2 months;
- You cannot extend the policy;
- You are able to purchase a new policy prior to the expiry date of the old policy. Please note that any medical claims have arisen during the initial policy, may be excluded should you incur any extra costs in relation to this complaint;
- you are not insured in your home country;
- Adventure sports are not insured.