Travel Health Insurance
|premiums age category (per day)||1 - 39||40 - 64|
|Travel health with € 100 deductible||€ 0,95||€ 1,40|
|Travel health with € 0 deductible||€ 1,30||€ 1,85|
|Accident Indemnity and third party liability||€ 0,22||€ 0,22|
|Return Trip Emergency Insurance AND Luggage||€ 0,39||€ 0,39|
Travel cancellation insurance
- Cover for trip cancelation (TC) can be requested seperately.
- The TC insurance covers cancellation costs that occur if you are not able to travel abroad unexpectedly.
- Covered events are, for example, acute illness of the insured person or one of the relatives, an accident or pregnancy. Insurance shall be taken out directly after booking the trip, but no later than 30 days prior to departure.
- The premium is calculated by taking 2,9% of the travel sum, with a minimum of € 12,00.
- CareMed work and travel insurance is especially adapted to the needs of young travelers and those young at heart.
- This travel insurance is the right choice for people with plans to go abroad for multiple weeks months or years.
- Besides recreational travel, there is coverage for activities such as internships or volunteer programs, as well as during working holidays and study travel.
- This insurance can cover you worldwide, regardless of your home country.
- The maximum insurance period for work and travel insurance is 24 respectively 13 months depending on destination and age of the traveler. Detailed information is shown during the online application.
- Travel insurance should start the first day of traveling and should be active for the complete stay abroad.
- Yes, your travel insurance by CareMed will be accepted for your visa application worldwide.
- This is applicable for all working holiday visa (for example working holiday Australia, New Zealand and Canada), F1, F2, H2B, J-1, J2 and M1 visa for entry into the USA and Schengen Visa for Europe.
- Insurance coverage has to be taken out for the entire stay abroad.
- Sometimes it is best to keep plans open en flexible. For the insurance, you do have to make a choice though.
- If you do not know the enddate of your travels yet it is best to enroll for the maximum travel period. The maximum insurance period is either 13 or 24 months depending on insurance type.
- Of course, reimbursment of the remaining months is possible if you return home earlier.
- Please keep in mind that renewal of insurance coverage cannot be guaranteed.
I have to cancel my plans. Is it possible to receive reimbursement for insurance premium already paid?
- Prior to start of insurance cancelation is free of charge. You can send your request through your login area or by sending your cancellation request by e-mail.
- In case that your travel plans change unexpectedly during your stay abroad, you have the option to request a renewal subject to the terms of insurance available at that time.
- You can do this by logging in in your personal CareMed account.
- Everybody older than 3 months and who has not yet reached the age of 70 can contract travel insurance with CareMed.
- For ages 0-39 different premiums and policy conditions apply than for the age category 40-69.
- For destination USA and Canada there is a minimum age of 6 years
- Yes, this insurance is made precisely for those people who wish to travel and be active in temporary jobs and volunteer work along the way.
- There is always coverage for activities within the framework of a J-1, J-2 and H2B visa for entry into the U.S. or a Working Holiday Visa for entry into Australia or New Zealand.
- Do take into consideration that this insurance is not meant for people who go abroad for a permant residence and career abroad but purely for temporary jobs and recreational activities.
- The maximum coverage is either 13 or 24 months depending on the policy conditions.
- Please use the quote calculator to get detailed information about the policy suitable for your trip.
- After this period, you have the option to extend your insurance period subject to the terms of insurance available at that time
- The full amount for travel insurance can be paid by credit card or you can pay by direct debit from a German account
- Payment occus either monthly or as one lump sum.
- You receive your insurance confirmation for download and print immediately after submission of your online application and payment.
- On request, all documents will also be sent by e-mail.
- If you created a login during your application process you will also have access to all insurance documents and useful information in your login area any time.
Last updated : 11 - 2019
When you are a JoHo member, you can make your own notes, which will then be displayed in the 'notes' field. These notes are and will only be visible to you. So you can make personal notes or, for example, give your own answers to questions
Navigate to parent or related web pages
Add this page to your personal lists
The lists are available in the footer of every page
Adding pages is a JoHo member service
You'll find all information about your membership & JoHo services on your user page
You'll find the option to upgrade your membership to the level you need to view all information
You'll find the option to make an read your personal notes, after logging in
Making personal notes is a JoHo member service
You'll find an option to converse this page into a convenient print version
This option is a JoHo member service
By using the JoHo bundles you can navigate to the next page, chapter or content