Nomad Insurance by SafetyWing: Coverage, Premium & Documents
- The Nomad Insurance by SafetyWing is an international travel medical insurance that covers people from all over the world while they are outside their home country.
- You can take out this insurance even when your journey has already started
How long is coverage good for?
- Automatic renewal every 28 days, until you pick an end-date or until 364 days have passed
- There’s no limit to how many years you can keep re-purchasing (other than our age limit of up to 69 years of age).
- After being abroad for 90 days, you keep your medical coverage for 30 days when you visit your home country. (15 days if your home country is the U.S.)
- Covid-19 coverage
No cover when working
- Safetywing informed us as follows: "we cannot provide coverage when the customer is working (including while working on a laptop)."
- Children must be accompanied by an adult on a group policy to activate the $0 price.
- One child older than 14 days, but less than 10 years old, per adult, is included in the insurance without added cost.
- There is a maximum of 2 children per group / family that are included without added cost.
- Otherwise, regular base price (same as for ages 10-39).
- We don’t cover children younger than 15 days.
- Overall maximum limit: 250,000 USD (100,000 USD for 65 years and above)
- Maximum per Injury / Illness: 250,000 USD (100,000 USD for 65 years and above)
- Emergency medical evacuation: Up to 100,000 USD lifetime maximum.
- Deductible: 250 USD per certificate period
- Hospital: Room and nursing services
- Intensive care: Up to the overall maximum limit
- Ambulance: Usual, reasonable and customary charges when covered illness or injury results in hospitalization
- Urgent charges: 50 USD co-payment, not subject to deductible.
- Physical therapy and chiropractic care: Up to 50 USD per day. Must be ordered in advance by a physician.
- Emergency dental: Up to 1,000 USD. Not subject to deductible.
- All Other Eligible Medical Expenses: Up to the overall maximum limit.
- Notable exclusions
- High risk sports activity
- Pre-existing disease or injury
- Cancer treatment
- Trip interruption: Up to 5,000 USD. No deductible
- Travel delay: Up to 100 USD a day after a 12-hour delay period requiring an unplanned overnight stay. Subject to a maximum of 2 days. No deductible
- Lost checked luggage*: Up to 3,000 USD per certificate period; $500 per item. Up to 6,000 USD lifetime limit. No deductible.
*250,000 USD maximum benefit any one family or group. Not subject to deductible or overall maximum limit
- Natural disaster — a new place to stay: Up to 100 USD a day for 5 days. No deductible
- Political evacuation: Up to 10,000 USD lifetime maximum. Not subject to deductible
- Personal liability: Depending on type of liability, with a lifetime max of 25,000 USD
- Accidental death & dismemberment (AD&D): Depending on type of AD&D, with a max of 25,000 USD
- Premiums vary depending on:
- age range of the insured person(s)
- including the US in your trip or travel plan
- You can choose for automatic renewal every 28 days, or pay for the exact duration of your trip upfront. The price for 28 days is equal in both options.
4- Documents & Quotes
See the JoHo website for internationale insurances