Travel insurances & International insurances: introduction
International and Travel Insurances
- A long trip is the adventure of a lifetime and will broaden your world view. Experience what it is like to live in a different culture and let it change you, for the better! Meet new and interesting people, make life long friends and be awed by totally different cultures and traditions.
- Let those pictures of breathtaking views and chilled out crowds be an inspiration for your trip. JoHo is here to encourage you to make it happen but to also be prepared for the stressful sides of traveling. A change of diet (and not to mention hygiene) may upset your stomach. Something unexpected might happen back home that may cut your travels short. JoHo can help you find the tools to deal with these situations and be prepared for both the up- and the downsides of travelling!
- A crucial part for a carefree journey is a good travel insurance. On this page you can read more about JoHo's travel insurances for backpackers and (longterm) travellers and what to look out for.
- Regular travel or health insurances often only cover trips for a maximum number of days (for example 60, 90 or 180 days). This limits your flexibility!
- Your health insurance from back home may not offer any coverage abroad or only in specific hospitals.
- During a long trip you might undertake special activities like paid work or volunteering. Regular travel insurances usually don’t cover these kind of activities. The same goes for adventurous sports like skydiving, scubadiving and bungee jumping.
- Working as a volunteer or intern offers a great learning experience. Meet new people and make a difference! You will develop your knowledge and skills, as well as that of others. You will gain international skills, contribute to a better world and gain useful experience for on your resume.
- However, just like at home there is always a chance that something goes wrong during your time abroad. Such as sickness, accidents, stolen luggage and of course things that can go wrong back home that you may ned to return for.
- If you have the right travel insurance it will help you financially and offer help when you need it. On this page you can read about how you can make sure you’re properly insured before, during and after your work as a volunteer.
- Volunteer projects, foundations , NGOs & local companies typically don’t have suitable insurance. Even if they do, it might only be valid during your time at work and not during your daytrips.
- Regular travel insurances often don’t cover volunteering abroad or your work as an intern
- Volunteerwork & internships often involves doing work for which you are not trained or have little experience doing. This might result in a higher chance for accidents.
- JoHo & World Nomads Insurance
- JoHo & Bupa International Travel Insurance
- Suitable for trips up to 12 months.Also available as annual travel insurance, max amount of days is 30 days per vacationCover during work, travel and volunteering. Cover in warzones, if a surcharge is paid (high premium)
- Crossroads lead you through the JoHo web of knowledge, inspiration & association
- Use the crossroads to follow a connected direction
Navigate to parent or related web pages
Add this page to your personal lists
The lists are available in the footer of every page
Adding pages is a JoHo member service
You'll find all information about your membership & JoHo services on your user page
You'll find the option to upgrade your membership to the level you need to view all information
You'll find the option to make an read your personal notes, after logging in
Making personal notes is a JoHo member service
You'll find an option to converse this page into a convenient print version
This option is a JoHo member service
By using the JoHo bundles you can navigate to the next page, chapter or content
When you are a JoHo member, you can make your own notes, which will then be displayed in the 'notes' field. These notes are and will only be visible to you. So you can make personal notes or, for example, give your own answers to questions