International Volunteer Insurances
- Working as a volunteer or intern offers a great learning experience. Meet new people and make a difference! You will develop your knowledge and skills, as well as that of others. You will gain international skills, contribute to a better world and gain useful experience for on your resume.
- However, just like at home there is always a chance that something goes wrong during your time abroad. Such as sickness, accidents, stolen luggage and of course things that can go wrong back home that you may ned to return for.
- If you have the right travel insurance it will help you financially and offer help when you need it. On this page you can read about how you can make sure you’re properly insured before, during and after your work as a volunteer.
- Volunteer projects, foundations , NGOs & local companies typically don’t have suitable insurance. Even if they do, it might only be valid during your time at work and not during your daytrips.
- Regular travel insurances often don’t cover volunteering abroad or your work as an intern
- Volunteerwork & internships often involves doing work for which you are not trained or have little experience doing. This might result in a higher chance for accidents.
- JoHo & Caremed Insurances : for volunteering and internships trough an organization
- JoHo & ACS Globe Travellerl : for volunteering and internships with or without an organization
- JoHo & World Nomads Insurance for light work and long travel
- JoHo & Dan Diving Insurances : For dive jobs abroad
When you are a JoHo member, you can make your own notes, which will then be displayed in the 'notes' field. These notes are and will only be visible to you. So you can make personal notes or, for example, give your own answers to questions
Navigate to parent or related web pages
Add this page to your personal lists
The lists are available in the footer of every page
Adding pages is a JoHo member service
You'll find all information about your membership & JoHo services on your user page
You'll find the option to upgrade your membership to the level you need to view all information
You'll find the option to make an read your personal notes, after logging in
Making personal notes is a JoHo member service
You'll find an option to converse this page into a convenient print version
This option is a JoHo member service
By using the JoHo bundles you can navigate to the next page, chapter or content