Skype: Monday-Friday 12.00-17.00 via joho.foundation
Appointments: contact JoHo for information via 088-3214567
JoHo support centers
International and Travel Insurances
- A long trip is the adventure of a lifetime and will broaden your world view. Experience what it is like to live in a different culture and let it change you, for the better! Meet new and interesting people, make life long friends and be awed by totally different cultures and traditions.
- Let those pictures of breathtaking views and chilled out crowds be an inspiration for your trip. JoHo is here to encourage you to make it happen but to also be prepared for the stressful sides of traveling. A change of diet (and not to mention hygiene) may upset your stomach. Something unexpected might happen back home that may cut your travels short. JoHo can help you find the tools to deal with these situations and be prepared for both the up- and the downsides of travelling!
- A crucial part for a carefree journey is a good travel insurance. On this page you can read more about JoHo's travel insurances for backpackers and (longterm) travellers and what to look out for.
- Regular travel or health insurances often only cover trips for a maximum number of days (for example 60, 90 or 180 days). This limits your flexibility!
- Your health insurance from back home may not offer any coverage abroad or only in specific hospitals.
- During a long trip you might undertake special activities like paid work or volunteering. Regular travel insurances usually don’t cover these kind of activities. The same goes for adventurous sports like skydiving, scubadiving and bungee jumping.
- Working as a volunteer or intern offers a great learning experience. Meet new people and make a difference! You will develop your knowledge and skills, as well as that of others. You will gain international skills, contribute to a better world and gain useful experience for on your resume.
- However, just like at home there is always a chance that something goes wrong during your time abroad. Such as sickness, accidents, stolen luggage and of course things that can go wrong back home that you may ned to return for.
- If you have the right travel insurance it will help you financially and offer help when you need it. On this page you can read about how you can make sure you’re properly insured before, during and after your work as a volunteer.
- Volunteer projects, foundations , NGOs & local companies typically don’t have suitable insurance. Even if they do, it might only be valid during your time at work and not during your daytrips.
- Regular travel insurances often don’t cover volunteering abroad or your work as an intern
- Volunteerwork & internships often involves doing work for which you are not trained or have little experience doing. This might result in a higher chance for accidents.
- JoHo & World Nomads Insurance
- JoHo & Bupa International Travel Insurance
- Suitable for trips up to 12 months.Also available as annual travel insurance, max amount of days is 30 days per vacationCover during work, travel and volunteering. Cover in warzones, if a surcharge is paid (high premium)
Why Insurances through JoHo
Specialized: in emigration, work, internships, study and travel abroad.
Service: JoHo offers multiple travel insurances by multiple companies. Thanks to JoHo's extensive experience, it can offer support in case of problems with insurers, as well as advice and fast and personal handling.
Safe: JoHo is recognized as a trustworthy intermediary for insurances.
Social: by purchasing an insurance through JoHo you provide a talented student in The Philippines with health insurance
Why Should You Take Out A Travel Insurance?
The chance of getting injured or ill is generally higher than when you would have stayed at home. The medical care you will need can be very expensive, even more so if you are treated in a private clinic.
If you have to fly back because of family circumstances, the flights might be more expensive than your original flight because you have to fly on short notice.
You might have to deal with the damage, loss or theft of your luggage.
In case of emergency it can be difficult to figure out what to do. A good travel insurance will have an assistance team on standby for you 24/7 and will be able to tell you what steps to take.
Why Should You Specifically Take Out A Travel Insurance For A Long Trip Abroad?
Often regular travel or health insurances only cover trips for a maximum number of days (for example 60, 90 or 180 days).
Depending on your home country, your health insurance might not offer any coverage for treatment abroad.
During a long trip you might consider specific activities, like paid work or volunteering. Regular travel insurances often don’t cover these kind of activities. The same goes for adventurous/ hazardous sports like skydiving, scubadiving and bungee jumping.
More on why to use JoHo
JoHo is one of the few organisations where you can directly purchase a comprehensive range of foreign insurances from a variety of insurers. As with our other products and services, we believe that you should be able to choose between the best, the most cost effective and the most specialised insurance.
JoHo offers various possibilities from combining insurances to assisting in transferring from one insurer to another.
When you purchase an insurance policy through JoHo, you will not pay more than if you had purchased it directly from the insurer. Sometimes (through special collective agreements) you will even pay less.
JoHo offers support with problems that may arise with the insurer. Sometimes disagreement with claims, cancellation notice or insurance premiums can occur. In this situation it helps if you have the assistance of an organisation who has an established relationship with the insurer.