- Cemeteries reveal a lot about a place and its people.
- In the Philippines, most cemeteries possess a community that has given them the opportunity to work and live.
- You'll meet some of the people who have been born in the Manila North Cemetery and have lived their lives here for decades.
- Living with the dead, they say provides more for them including peace, which they cannot obtain living on the streets.
- And for some, being in the cemetery has helped them believe that life really goes beyond the grave.
- Dangwa: Visit the biggest flower market of Manila and learn about why there are many Filipinos working abroad.
- Jewish Cemetery: Hear how the Philippines became a refuge for Jews during the time of the Holocaust.
- Rituals and Beliefs: Learn interesting Filipino practices for observing death and celebrating All Saints Day. Get an understanding how filipino's think about ghosts.
- Residents: Understand why many people have decided to live in the cemetery.
- Public Transportation: Experience public transportation in the Philippines as the tourleaders take you on a jeepney and tricycle.
What you need to know
- Avalability: Check the schedule.
- Duration: 2.5-3 hours.
- Costs Public (Group) Tour: 23,50 euro per person (max +/- 6 people).
- Costs Private Tour: 68 euro per group of 1-2 guests, 120 euro per group of 3-4 guests, 150 euro per group of 5-6 guests.
- Inclusions: All forms of public transportation used to follow the route of the tour.
- Amenities: There are public toilets available in the surrounding area.
- Camera Policy: Please note that there is a no camera policy inside the cemetery. Try to be as less intrusive as possible and at the same time to minimize any discomfort the tours can cause to the locals. Permits are also heavily needed in the cemetery. Please understand this and respect the policy. For all other stops during the tour cameras are allowed.
Book now a
- Crossroads lead you through the JoHo web of knowledge, inspiration & association
- Use the crossroads to follow a connected direction
Navigate to parent or related web pages
Add this page to your personal lists
The lists are available in the footer of every page
Adding pages is a JoHo member service
You'll find all information about your membership & JoHo services on your user page
You'll find the option to upgrade your membership to the level you need to view all information
You'll find the option to make an read your personal notes, after logging in
Making personal notes is a JoHo member service
You'll find an option to converse this page into a convenient print version
This option is a JoHo member service
By using the JoHo bundles you can navigate to the next page, chapter or content
When you are a JoHo member, you can make your own notes, which will then be displayed in the 'notes' field. These notes are and will only be visible to you. So you can make personal notes or, for example, give your own answers to questions